Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Day At The Zoo and Some Good Cooking Too



Can you believe it's already Wednesday....and how about this, November! Still shocked, now I'm just ready for the super cold weather to come our way. *70 degrees outside today*
Despite our Spring/Early Summer temperatures the trees are starting to change the beautiful colors of fall. Yesterday Adam, our good friend Allison and I took a trip to the Memphis Zoo to see the newest addition, The Tetons Exhibit. The sidewalks were lined with trees of burnt orange and bright yellow, perfect for pictures.


 
 
 





 
 



 
 
Today:
A few minutes ago we finished dinner which took me about an hour to make. Granted I was roasting a chicken in the oven which is what took up the majority of the time, but still!  There are definitely days when all I shoot for is heating up leftovers and then there are days where I get inspired to make an actual dinner. Having my mom tell me about stretching a whole chicken for around 3 separate meals I knew it would help our budget and my creativity. Score!
Having spent $3.42 on this splendid poultry friend I embarked on roasting it in the oven!
Simple ingredients:  fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, butter, onions, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Instructed to baste with the juices every 10-15 minutes made it so juicy and tender, Adam kept complimenting me so I'll take it!! Just roast for 1 hour at 400 and voila. Side dishes were corn on the cob and homemade creamed spinach. (Wonderful creamed spinach recipe by the way!)
{Before}







{After}

 Have a lovely Wednesday evening.
betsydavis.
{Top Photo: Perfect Bound}

No comments:

Post a Comment