Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lovely Little Product Review: E.L.F. Nailpolish



Being that this is my first product review, I thought it would be fun to start with something that was trendy and affordable: nailpolish!
While browsing through Target on my lunch break (Yes, I lead a fascinating life) I came across a new fall collection by e.l.f. cosmetics, Falling For Beauty With Attitude.
I am quite the nail polish lover and am known to change the color a couple of times a week, if not more. Being that I don’t have the excess cash to go for a weekly Mani or even bi-weekly shellac, I try to make my money stretch and can get at least 20+ polish changes out of one $5 bottle.   Also, because I like to change up the colors, it makes more sense to go the more affordable route. I have found that their products, for the most part, have worked really well for me. Their blush, eye shadows, bronzer and lipglosses are of pretty good quality. Not the best of all drugstore makeup, but you are only paying $1-$3 per item which makes the purchase seem a little more reasonable. 
I’m always scouring different brands for a new polish to try. Let it be known that I adore Essie polishes for their quality and color selection but sometimes, if it’s a trendy shade, I don’t want to throw down eight dollars. I have been on the hunt for a beautiful nude color for a more classic, lady like look. Lo and Behold I found two new shades by e.l.f for only $2.00. Yes please! 
The Breakdown:

The first shade would be considered a nude/camel. {Think Essie’s Topless and Barefoot  or Deborah Lippman's Fashion}
The second shade I chose was far from subdued but ever so fun! It is a dark, midnight blue with flecks of deep purple and forest green. {Think of  a mix between Butter London’s Thames and Bluey }

The quality of both are great and went on beautifully with only two coats! The taupe would be considered opaque rather than sheer. The dark blue tends to look more like a black from afar but up close it is more glistening green. 
The packaging is really sleek with the python print cap and cute with only being about 2 inches high.
Unfortunately neither of the polishes have names or numbers so you will just have to look closely if you are interested in picking them up. 
My only dislike? The length of the brush seemed a bit short and I'm not sure of how well they wear. 
I couldn't seem to find anything on Target's or E.L.F.'s website regarding the collection but am happy to link to their pages in case you feel lucky.

I hope you have a lovely hump day! I'll talk to you soon...
xoxo bd


No comments:

Post a Comment