Thursday, August 16, 2012

Desk Essentials

Desk Essentials


I wrote last week {here} about how I have a desk job where I’m...well...sitting at a desk all day.
I’m still on the hunt for cute accessories to brighten up my work space but until then I thought it might be fun to mention my “necessities” as far as beauty is concerned. I interact with lots of different people on a daily basis and because of that, I try to look presentable. In fact I think it’s more of a  conscious choice than anything else. Basically it’s a “want to" as opposed to a “have”to".

Above you’ll see what I have in my desk drawer at all times kept in a little bag. I broke it down into a few categories because let’s face it, I like a little organization, colorful fonts and labeling anything.
So let’s break it down, shall we?!

1. Lips:  
I’m going to be all kinds of real with you right now, I have an obsession. I own around 40-50+ lip products. Some people collect cards or salt and pepper shakers, I just so happen to collect lip stick!
- Rimmel Moisture Renew  in Vintage Pink
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow
-Exude Lip Crème in Nude
-L’Oreal Color Riche BALM in Heavenly Berry

2. Hair: 
It’s a rarity that I put my hair in a ponytail at work, but if I do, I like to keep a few hair ties handy.  

3Hands: 
I touch all kinds of office and life objects all day long. I try to wash my hands or use hand sanitizer as often as possible but because of the constant cleansing I like to moisturize my hands and cuticles.
- Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Energy Body Lotion in Orange Ginger
- Burt’s Bees Hand Salve (Used on my cuticles, it’s similar to vasseline)
- Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat

4.Teeth: 
Again, I interact with multiple people and the last thing I want is for someone to shy away from me due to coffee breath.
-Toothbrush from dentist (toothpaste not shown)
-Orbit gum

A couple of other things I keep in my desk: Tazo Passion Tea packets, bracelet and earrings for when I forgot to accessorize (don’t judge me) and almonds/nuts.
As for makeup and powder, I keep all of those beauties in my purse. So there you have it, my current desk necessities.
I hope you have a wonderful Thursday, I’ll talk to you soon!
Xoxo bd

No comments:

Post a Comment