Sunday, May 9, 2010


I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend so far! From what I hear it has been a pretty hectic weekend for lots of friends and family. So many friends from different parts of my life have graduated from college and I want to give a shout of CONGRATULATIONS to each and everyone of them. All of the hard work has paid off and you're finally free from projects, exams and papers. I admire all of you, sincerely.

We stayed relatively low key around our house with watching movies and taking advantage of the new starbucks happy hour. Yes you can even make your frappuccinos with soy! I was oddly ecstatic over have a milk choice.

After arriving home from church we met up at our friend Kevin's apartment to play poker with him, his roommate Falls and Mogy. First I must make note that I've only played poker once before this a few years ago and was, to say the least, rusty.
By some odd stroke of luck I took every one of those boys down in texas hold'em. I mean I even had a royal flush at one point! Holy moly, right?! We definitely had a lot of fun and I was happy to feel like I could fit in even though I was surrounded by only guys. Yes they quoted movies I've never heard of 95% of the time but it was okay, this here girl made it through with only a wee bit of a sun burn.
Today my beautiful most amazing mother arrived back from her trip to Guatemala safely on none other than Mother's Day. I couldn't wish or make up a more perfect woman to show me through life and teach me how to be a lady. She has been and will continue to be the most influential person in my life. I love you, Mamma!
My body is tired leading me to think it time for bed...maybe even a little reading!
Have a lovely nights rest.
xoxo .bd
{Photo Credit: Photographer Mark Pillai via Design Relevant}

No comments:

Post a Comment