Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, A New Start



After a little hiatus, purposefully of course, Im back with blogging fever!
The holidays have commensed and were absolutely wonderful. My parents visited Adam and I this past weekend to celebrate New Years. We talked about how much of a difference 10 years can make, i.e. 10 years ago I brought in the year 2000 sitting in my blow up plastic purple chair in North Carolina and this year I'm celebrating with my husband in our first home together in Memphis. Crazy, huh? It flew by... kind of.
I started off their visit by making them a new recipe I got from my cousin Stephanie for Shrimp Etoufee. I kid you not on how easy this dish was including how fast it can be whipped up. So we chowed down then headed to a local coffee shop called Republic and a quick run to Gibson's. Regretfully I didn't stay up until midnight as I'm sure most of the world did, I fell asleep at 10:00 and woke up at 11 to watch the NYC ball drop. I'm a sad example for "cool" 21 year olds... shame shame I know.
We started off the New Year not with going to the gym but by going to Perkin's {kind of like Denny's}. Pancakes, omlets, muffins, hashbrowns, and the like crowded our table. Needless to say we saved those healthy resolutions for today. A quick update on my resolutions: Not So Good. The time with my parents was WONDERFUL! We shopped {I got a blackberry, thank you Mamma & Daddy} and did some more shopping followed by Memphis Pizza Company. I wish they could've stayed until Sunday but alas they have commitments we had a blast! Photos of the weekend Here

Now that all of the festivities have come to a close hubby and I are organizing crazies. We've decided that it's time to make life a little bit easier starting with cleaning out closets. Adam has made a goodwill pile by the door and alphabetized our dvds. An accomplishment? I believe so! 
On another note, fresh flowers are here to stay! Last week we bought 15 tulips for only $10 and spread them throughout the house. I love tulips and I love how flowers make our house feel, they brighten everything up.
Alright enough of my jibber jabbering, a few lovelies to look at. A peachy pink has been my color du jour and the photos below state just that...
I hope you have a wonderful evening whatever your plans may be.



 
 
xoxo .betsydavis
-Photo Credits: {1} {2} {3} {4} {5}-

No comments:

Post a Comment