Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween {2012}


Just stopping by for a quick hello and to say Happy Halloween!
This year I have tried to make more of an effort to decorate our home and get into this spooky holiday.
My mother-in-law is particularly fond of Halloween as her birthday is the day before. We decided to have a small birthday get together for her tonight along with Joe (my father-in-law) and Adam's bother Daniel to celebrate Barbara.

 Yesterday I went to JoAnn’s to pick up some last minute decorations and today our living room has cheesecloth hanging from the corners of mirrors, draped across a lampshade, strewn atop our china cabinet and even whittled into a few nooks and crannies. It’s a happy spooky home without being creepy or gross. I’m not a fan of literal finger foods or eyeball-esque deserts. Don’t even get me started on fake blood...

Back to the point! I’m so excited to have some fun and greet our neighborhood kids with candy. Did I mention we bought a 5lb bag of tootsie rolls? Yeah…well…they take up a lot of space in a bowl for little money and I won’t be overly tempted to snack on them the whole night. I say it’s a win-win!
Have a happy Halloween everyone!

xoxo bd



No comments:

Post a Comment