Friday, December 30, 2011

Roadtripping to Louisiana



Happy Friday, friends! This is the last Friday we will have in the year of 2011 and I cannot hesitate to mention how quickly this year went by.
Our 2011 was filled with graduations, moves, new jobs, new friends and new lifestyles. We were excited for what this past year had to hold as we knew many things would come about.
I am currently writing this in the back seat of a “boat” aka Grand Marquis that my father-in-law rented for the trip we are taking to Louisiana.  Apparently my F-O-L, Joe, wanted a Hyundai. That car is his favorite one to drive on roadtrips but instead were given this upgraded vehicle. Joe wasn’t so happy, he likes the Sirius XM radio that the other car comes with. Oh and by the way, Joe says High-Un-Day not Hun-day. I laugh everytime he says the name.  Everytime.
Disregarding the fact that this car is a “boat” it sure is comfortable.  Cue naptime!
I’ve got magazines, my iPod, laptop and cell phone to keep me occupied. Did I mention this was a 10 trip? Oh yeah.  

Adam’s grandparents live in northern LA in a small town where his  mother grew up as well. We haven’t been back since last October and seeing as his grandfather’s health is declining, we decided to join Joe on the drive down.  We’ve decided to find cheap LSU gear and a place for me to get my nails done while visiting.  This should be fun so I will try to keep updating as much as I can. More than likely you can find my updates via Twitter or Facebook. Stay tuned :)
I’m recovering from a cold/sinus infection for the past couple of days and as you can see and still reliant on my Puffs tissues and Vaseline. I wish you could look glamorous while sick but it’s just not happening.
We’ll be stopping in a minute by a Target in Birmingham to purchase some undergarments I regretfully forgot to pack. So with that TMI sentence, I’ll talk to you later.
Have a lovely Friday!
Xoxo bd

No comments:

Post a Comment