Monday, February 15, 2010

.about face


Growing up I've always had an obsession with the face- makeup, skin care, brushes, creams you name them, I love them all! A view into my past: when I was a 12 year old homeschooler my bother and I joined the local 4-H club. With the likes of farmers at my side we had to embark on a 2-3 month long (maybe??) project of our choice. Start your project of choice and record your progress step by step documenting with numbers and weeks and days and colors and more numbers. As you can tell I was more into playing with cleansers rather than bar graphs.  Out of all the kids in my age group I was the only one to have my project based solely on the face. I did experiments with different exfoliates, moisturizers, toners, make up and acne care. I had to make large posters showing pictures I drew of the steps I took in the experimentation and also write a paper on my project. I was passionate, driven and clean faced yet I fell below the line with an apparent lack luster presentation as I made up all of the pie charts and percentages. What can I say, I was 12 and had no desire to research.
Today at work as I was helping a patient she said something so sweet to me, she complimented me on my hair and make up. She asked what special occasion I had to be so put together at work.
What?? Really?? I'm tellin ya, 80% of the time I feel drab and outdated but then there are the people that say one little sentence which ends up brightening the rest of your day. I needed that for sure, my heart is happy. Thank you, ma'am!
So on to what this post is really about... well make up of course! With the hopes of Spring peeking its lovely head around the corner I am diving head first into fresh ideas and photos as inspiration. First on my list, Miss Ashley Olsen whose style I've been following since my stint as a 4H-er, I like how clean she keeps her look
 
 xoxo .bd

No comments:

Post a Comment