Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Happy Thanksgiving Weekend


…and a very happy Saturday to you!
If you are like most of the U.S.,  you probably spent yesterday shopping amongst everyone else in your town for the best deals. All of the stuffing and turkey from Thursday put you in a food coma and Friday was your time to not only walk it off, but spend it off. In fact Adam, the hottest of the hottest hubbies ever, {okay I’m biased} waited in a long line at Best Buy for over 6 hours to get an Xbox 360. Granted, there were people in tents outside of the building since Monday, so I don’t consider him crazy at all.

We have been at my parents home for the majority of the weekend along with my brother Josh, his wife Amber and our grandfather, Papa!  It has been a while since Papa has spent Thanksgiving with us and this was Amber’s first which made Thursday a very special day. Who knows, next year there might be one or two little ones as well…
When you get all of us together there is no doubt about fun being had. We all enjoy being in the same room as each other so there will always be a movie or TV show on in the living room.
 Getting the last bits of Amber's homemade cheesecake ready.
 Not quite sure why I'm kneeling...she doesn't know why either, so let's just move on.

 Again, not sure what we're doing...
 Me and my beautiful Mamma!
 We're apparently twins. We wear neutral pancho-type outfits and carry the same purses.
 Sada-saaaaa Sada saaaaa!
 Without a recipe, I attempted to make stuffing for the first time ever. I think it turned out quite yummy and the ever so popular turkey made  quite a "ham" of himself this year on top. Wow. Bad joke. Bad.

As you can see, the men were pretty M.I.A. in the pictures as they were either watching the football game or messing with their iPads.  Honestly, it looks like the only ones who attended our family shindig are my mom, Amber and myself but I promise all of the hubbies were there and Papa of course. Hopefully I will post a video of our fun times soon.
With that said, I am off to breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the family before we all part ways.
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you spent it with those you love.
Talk to you soon,
Xoxo bd

No comments:

Post a Comment