Sunday, August 14, 2011


This weekend has been surprisingly restful aside from keeping busy everyday.
Neither of us had much work on Friday and found that lazing around the house all day turned to be more boring than rejuvenating. I guess we're just not good at doing nothing.
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to help my inlaws get their home back in order as they just had the entire interior of their home painted. Ceilings and every wall.
While I assited in cleaning the bath rooms, vacuuming and mopping the floors, there were also boxes to be unpacked. Adam spent his time (5 hours to be exact) mowing the front and back lawn. They live on about 8 acres, if you were wondering why it took him so long. Needless to say, he came in with odd sunburns on his calves and arms.
Later on we all took a break and my in-laws, Joe & Barbara, took us out for mexican and some frozen yogurt!
One of the great things I feel you can gain after a long and hard day of work is sleep. Knock you out, almost drunk, can't keep your eyes open for a second, sleep. I slept so well!

In fact, wouldn't you want to sleep in that bed above?  I've been searching for ideas on how to update our bedroom on a budget. It seems the easiest way to make a difference is to work on the bed linens and cover.

Today was just as eventful with more yardwork on Adam's part including a couple of hours the men spent on cleaning our car. They washed, buffed, waxed, shined....you name it, our car looks brand new! Thank you, love!!!

I later met up with my Mom and our old family friends to see 'The Help'. This was my second time seeing the movie and just as good! Please go see this film, you will walk away touched, I promise!

Smells like dinner is ready thanks to Joe so I'll be letting you go until I talk to you soon.
Have a lovely night, enjoy the last few hours of the weekend!

xoxo .bd

{Photo Credits: Chapman Interiors Blog}

No comments:

Post a Comment