Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Getaway: East Tennessee

Top Left: Morning Coffee from Grindhouse Top Right: Tupelo Honey Cafe for dinner
                                                       Bottom Right: Mr. Handsome

I am back from a wonderful weekend away with my favorite person in the world.  When given the opportunity to get away, just the two of us, we seize it!
We to Knoxville for just a night and explored Adam's old stomping grounds of UT. We drove past his old home, dorms, bars he loved and restaurants he frequented. We ended up at Market Square so that we could walk around and grab a bite to eat. We had a very filling meal at Tupelo Honey Cafe where they serve you very large, warm biscuits with blueberry compote as you wait for your meal. I sipped on the Southen 75 cocktail and Adam had the seasonal beer on tap. The weather was perfect, the breeze was light and a saxophonist played jazz close by. We walked around the downtown area and market square for a bit then grabbed a latte and a box of macarons at Cafe 4. 
Saturday morning we left Knoxville bright and early to drive over to Pigeon Forge for Dollywood. This girl right here loves theme parks. Loves them. I adore roller coasters and the ice cold lemonade stands. Even Adam was surprised at how excited I was :)
Unfortunately I didn't snap a single picture that day but I did come away with a hefty sunburn on my shoulders and arms. Sweet job watchin' out for that delicate skin of yours, Betsy. Good thinking!
Yesterday we spent loving on both of our dads and treating them to some fun gifts. I do find us to be blessed that we both have great relationships with our fathers and have the opportunity to see on a weekly basis. 
I sure do love my daddy :)

So that was our weekend in a nutshell! I hope to visit Knoxville again- Hopefully to stay at the Oliver Hotel and have breakfast at Pete's. 

Here's to a great new week!
xoxo bd

No comments:

Post a Comment