Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Update


If you watch SNL {Saturday Night Live} I'm sure you are familiar with Weekend Update with Seth Meyers. By far, that is my favorite segment. I'm not sure why exactly, but I never stop laughing when it comes on...not  to mention when Stefon is on. The Mother's Day Ideas segment is my absolute favorite. Hands down.  I literally cackle every time I watch it. 
Oh and if you haven’t seen this past week’s episode where Melissa McCarthy hosted, well you best watch that right about now.

Saturday Adam said he quite a craving for sushi so we set out for one of our local favorites, ‘Peters’, only to find out they were closed. Insert sad face. I recalled another sushi joint in town that I hadn't been to in years so off we went! We headed to Bodeli Sushi in Cool Springs/Franklin and found that they had an all you can eat special. Now, if it were 'all you can eat chicken fried steak' or 'all you can eat hashbrown casserole', we would have passed…but all you can eat sushi?! Yes, please!

Can you believe the damage we made at the end of the meal? In case you are curious there are typically 3 pieces of sushi per plate.
In the middle of the restaurant is the “kitchen” or prep space where the sushi chef prepares all of the rolls and then places them on small plates that go around on a conveyor belt. Each plate has a colored ring around it that indicates the price of the sushi/item.  They had everything from simple Philly Rolls to sea weed to dumplings to cabbage rolls to tempura rolls. See something you like? Grab it! It gives new meaning to instant gratification, you know? We were in heaven. I made a little video on Vine HERE to see it in action!

Sunday we took the day off of our normal commitments as Adam had planned to work with his boss but it turned into another date day for us. 
I like him a lot…I really really like hanging out with him. I still have a school girl crush on that man. 
We got groceries for the week and later spent the evening cleaning our home. Every window was open bringing in the sunshine and a light breeze. Here’s an instagram of what we did:

We changed all of our winter bedding out, cleaned the master bathroom, vacuumed all of the floors and wiped the baseboards, organized our closets, did loads and loads of laundry, dishes, and took out the trash literally 3 times. By the end of the night we cooked some vegan pizza for dinner and conked out.  We felt very accomplished! 

I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready to start the week! I'll talk to you soon...
xoxo bd


No comments:

Post a Comment