Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Beginnings

Hello friend ,
It is with great happiness that I start this blog.
More than anything else I feel as though a new chapter has begun in this life of mine and with one of the greatest people I have ever known.

July 26th Adam and I got married on a sweltering summer night on his parents front lawn. The weeks leading up to the wedding now seem like a large blur with endless details to remember.
After a wonderful honeymoon in San Francisco (our newest favorite city) and Orange County we made our way back to the south for a week of recuperation.  It was so nice just opening presents and spending time with family rather than running crazily around town trying to find matching ties for the groomsmen, making sure hay bales were purchased, weeds were picked and my "something blue" was incorporated. At the end of that restful week Adam and I loaded up our little honda and headed off to Memphis for our new life as a married couple.
 
Adam in front of our house 

 
 

Being married is by far the best adventure I've ever had. It is now the two of us who make the decisions for what goes on. No longer is it Adam as a single man who can come and go and spend as he pleases nor can I. It's a partnership, a love relationship, a friendship where we're actively looking out for and taking care of one another.
Has it been fields of daisies since we stepped foot on this blues city soil? Heeeeck no! We've been dealt many many tough cards but have risen above those hardships.
I meaaaaan...
Day 2 of moving into our house: car over heats requiring new radiator and air conditioning cuts out on us, no hot water and dishwasher broken, also we were without a washer and dryer for 1 month. Hello Memphis laundromats!
Tip #1: Don't bake a pizza in a home without AC, 89 degrees inside is miserable in August. Just sayin.

In all honesty the good outweighs the bad and we are both happier than ever before. We live a simple life of cooking at home together every night and watching more movies than seemingly possible. I'm with my best friend discovering a new city, embarking on a journey ready for its challenges and surprises.

This blog will be the shadowbox of my life as a married woman; I will be cooking (aspiring to be decent cook), posting photos of my favorite clothes and designers, videos, music, make up, hair, organizing, cleaning, working, friendships, Memphis and whatever else the Lord has in store.
I thank you for reading and can't wait to share with you my little lovely life.
betsydavis

No comments:

Post a Comment