Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Makeup Routine

Makeup Routine

Makeup Routine by lovelybdavis

With every season I change up my makeup routine or maybe just when I've found a new favorite product!
Its no doubt that I am a beauty junkie so getting to share these items with you is fun for me.
I am not brand specific nor am I strictly high end or drugstore...I mix it up. Whatever the price point, if it works and makes my skin look good, well sign me up!
After I have cleansed and moisturized (another blog post, soon) I begin my makeup routine.

 *Primer: This {optional} option is one by Sephora that aids in mattifying the skin. Can I be all kinds of honest? I don't think this one works very well but I will surely use it to the last drop. Other brands such as Smashbox make fantastic primers in case you were on the hunt. 

*Foundation: I am currently using Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation and I love it. This item was a repurchase for its great coverage but lightweight feel. It can be pricey but I wear it on my face EVERY SINGLE DAY and my face is the first thing people see when they meet me.  {Did I justify the price? K, cool}

*Concealer: Maybelline's Dream Lumi is my concealer of choice for right now. It brightens beautifully but I feel like I use up the product much more quickly than I'd like. When applying to my face I use the Kim Kardashian method seen here. I may look like an alien in the process but afterwards its like I actually got 8 hours of sleep.

*Setting Powder: This item is also a repurchase), its the translucent powder by E.L.F. and it only costs $3! Lovin it. Keepin' it. I apply the powder onto my T-Zone and under my eyes to set the concealer. 

*Blush: This option changes daily, as it is a must have for me. I feel like if you at least wear blush you will look alive.  Milani is the one shown above and is a beautiful coral shade with a subtle gold iridescence. I have to be light handed because a heavy swipe of this means I may evoke the spirit of Tammy Faye Baker.

*Eyeshadow: On an everyday basis I go for neutrals. The Too Faced At Night Sexy & Sultry palette above is great. The colors are beautifully pigmented so again, I have to be light handed. Lots of "blend, blend, blend" goes on. 

*Eyeliner: The past couple of years I have really enjoyed using black liquid liner. A little flick at the end and I've got an easy cat eye. The above Eyeko Skinny liner was in my latest Birchbox. 

*Mascara: As with blush, mascara is a must have. I have barely visible blonde lashes and will take all the help I can get. Currently I have Maybelline's Volum Express on rotation for that extra oomph!

*Lips: I love to put on chapstick or lipbalm before any lipstick or gloss. Dry, cracked lips are less than desirable and the Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Pink Punch' offers moisture with a hint of color as well.  I place Buxom's lipgloss in 'Sugar' over top to finish off the look and then its time to start the day.

So there you have it, my latest winter makeup routine. If you click on the link below the picture it will take you to all of the products mentioned.

I'll talk to you soon!
xoxo bd
 

No comments:

Post a Comment