Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pumpkins and Date Night


Hello again, friends I don't know about you but I am oh-so ready for fall. This past weekend I had the urge to watch Hocus Pocus. If you were a kid in the 90's, or maybe a parent to one, I'm sure you're familiar. Let's talk about pumpkins...I love them. Pumpkins on your front porch, pumpkin patches where you can pick your very own, pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin loaf, you name it, I love it. Fall just feels like home to me. I'm sure if you were to visit my blog(s) or diaries from the past 10 years or so, I always have an "I love fall" post. August flies in at the end of summer and my heart wants crisp air again. Can you blame her/it? So here I am lusting after a Season. I know I shouldn't lust but by-golly I'm tired of sun dresses. 
 Now let's talk about last night. Yesterday at work everyone gathered around my desk as they typically do, because let's face it, I'm the bomb dot com  close to the candy bowl. Anyway, my boss starts to speak sweet words about someone in our office and how hard they've been working then begins to mention some of the tasks I took care of. Lo-and-behold out of his mouth comes, "And so I hope you and Adam can find a night to treat yourselves to dinner on us." 
Really? Me? Us? Dinner? Dinner we don't have to pay for? Dinner at a restaurant I've been dying to try?
Yes. Please. and Thank You!!
They were kind enough to give us a gift card to Mack and Kates with a hefty sum giving us the opportunity to have two special dinners. Thank you everyone!!
I should have taken more pictures of our time or at least their decor; so cute and rustic! But you can only get a glimpse of what we ate.

I had the seared scallops over a cheesy quinoa and shaved brussell sprouts while the hubby had Lobster Mac'n'Cheese. Both of us really enjoyed our meals and are excited to go back again. I would love to try their brunch menu on an upcoming weekend. Today I've been sipping on green smoothies and chopping on apples to make up for our indulgent meal. Ohhh sooo yummy!
I will update in the next couple of days with photos from the baby shower this past weekend!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesay! Talk to you soon...
xoxo bd

No comments:

Post a Comment